What is melasma?
- A chronic condition that causes brown pigmentation on the face or upper body
- Common areas involved include forehead, temples, upper lip
- SUN + HORMONES = Mostly results from unprotected sun exposure
- Hormone fluctuations are a common trigger as well (birth control, pregnancy, hormone tx)
- It requires education and compliance to maintain clearance
- Professional Skin Care
- Skinceuticals Advanced Chemical Peels
- Laser treatments
Hydroquinone + Retinoid
The miracle clearance formula! Hydroquinone = brightening agent that reduces pigmentation and prevents additional pigment from forming. Can only be used in short bursts - use until clear generally 75% improvement within 6 weeks. Use for maintenance prevention (weekends or during sun exposure).
Rejuvenation pads = Hydroquinone + Kojic acid + Bearberry
Tretinon (retin-A) = exfoliation and cell turnover
UV rays, infrared radiation, pollution, and lifestyle factors generate damaging free radicals that prematurely age skin. SkinCeuticals antioxidants provide advanced environmental protection and are clinically proven to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and promote a naturally even skin tone by neutralizing free radicals
SkinCeuitcals CE Ferulic- C E Ferulic features a synergistic antioxidant combination of 15% pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid), 1% vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), and 0.5% ferulic acid to enhance protection against environmental damage caused by free radicals that can contribute to atmospheric aging. This vitamin C serum helps neutralize free radicals induced by UVA/UVB, infrared radiation (IRA), and ozone pollution (O3), which may lead to visible signs of accelerated skin aging. In addition to antioxidant protective benefits, C E Ferulic improves signs of aging and photodamage, the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and the loss of firmness, while brightening skin's complexion.
SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF- Phloretin CF features a patented synergistic combination of 2% phloretin, 10% pure vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid), and 0.5% ferulic acid for enhanced protection against atmospheric skin aging – environmental damage and premature signs of aging caused by free radicals from UVA/UVB, infrared radiation (IRA), and ozone pollution (O3). In addition to antioxidant protective benefits, Phloretin CF improves the appearance of discoloration, fine lines, and uneven skin tone.
SkinCeuticals BE Resveratrol- Resveratrol B E is a first-of-its kind night treatment that combines a maximized concentration of 1% pure, stable resveratrol, synergistically enhanced with 0.5% baicalin and 1% pure vitamin E (alpha tocopherol) for optimized anti-aging antioxidant performance. This patented antioxidant cocktail neutralizes free radicals, supports skin’s natural antioxidant defenses, and reveals visible radiance and firmness.
Skinceuticals Professional Peels
Office-based chemical peels are essential for maintaining skin’s health and appearance and they are available exclusively through an authorized SkinCeuticals skincare professional. These peels work synergistically with SkinCeuticals home care to yield optimal results.
- Improves the appearance of uneven skin tone and dullness by exfoliating surface cells
- Softens and smoothes the skin’s surface texture
- Decreases the frequency of acne breakouts and fades the appearance of post-acne discoloration
- Maintains and enhances the benefits of a SkinCeuticals homecare regimen
- Complements benefits of in-office procedures